CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pesto

All I can say is, YUM.
I love, love, love pesto.

One of my favorite places to eat is Noodles and Co. Weird, I know, of a celiac person to make such a claim, but you can get rice noodles in place of any of the dishes they serve.
{Not all the sauces are GF, make sure you ask...I know the pesto and penne rosa are safe, but not the Mac&Cheese.}

Try this pesto, it's so good. I tried to replicate Noodles, and I think it came pretty close. Next time I make it I'm going to use 1/2 of the sauce on a pizza, yum!

Pesto

1/2 cup olive oil (must be olive)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 medium cloves of garlic
2 cups fresh basil leaves
3 T. pine nuts

Place all ingredients in blender, except salt/pepper and cream. Process until smooth.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Add cream or whole milk 1 t. at a time until it's the consistency that you would like. Serve sauce immediately on GF noodles (I like the curly kind to hold the sauce). Makes 1 cup.

I like to saute mushrooms and roma tomatoes in olive oil to add to the pasta and top with more grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

1 comments:

pamilla

Mmm...I love pesto. Thanks for the recipe, and it's nice to know that the Pad Thai is not the only gf option at Noodles!

Post a Comment