CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gluten Free Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

Remember me?
Erin, who??
Hasn't this past month been so fun!
(And it's going to continue)
I had to share another tradition:
my December Birthday!
Yep, yesterday I celebrated with my husband, kids, and these beauties:

Gluten Free Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies!


Everyone always asks, what's it like to have a birthday around Christmas?
Well, for all I know, it's great!
I have never had an issue, or felt "ripped off".
I think that it was because my mom and husband do a great job of keeping the two days separate.  
Birthday presents aren't wrapped in Christmas paper and it's not a "Christmas Party", it's a birthday celebration and it's just one more thing to add to the fun festivities!

Yesterday was a great day.  One of the best.
My husband and daughter made breakfast while I exercised, recipe to come.  My brothers and sisters surprised me with a Gurgle Pot, more on that later.  And my dream came true and my parents got me a Silhouette Craft cutter, more on that too.  
My husband and kids got me a new pair of running shoes, which I tried out and I swear they made me run faster, I'm so spoiled.
We then (we being husband and kiddos) went swimming at our community center and had a great time.  Both girls are such water babies, this summer is going to be great!
Next we had a friend watch the girls and Paul and I finished up some Christmas shopping and had the most wonderful dinner at the Rodizio Grill.
It was amazing!  And most of the menu is gluten free!!
It's a Brazilian-style steakhouse where the guys brings the different meats around and gives you a thin slice.  The tri-tip was my absolute favorite.  And they also have these cute little appetizer bread roll things, not sure what they are called that are made out of yucca flour, so GF and so delicious.  They have a nice Parmesan flavor to them.
Hungry now.  
Well, sign up for the Rodizio club and you too can get a free meal on your birthday!

On to the cake.  
My 3 year old danced with joy when we got to blow out all the candles, which I almost did in one breath!
I am such a sucker for Red Velvet anything, so I knew these were going to be good.  The brownie part is moist and dense, with a light cheesecake swirled on top.
They were amazing.
And kinda Christmas-y.
Hope you enjoy!

Gluten Free Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 t. vanilla
2 t. red food coloring
2/3 cup GF mix
1 t. xanthan gum
1/4 t. salt

8oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 t. vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350.  Line an 8 inch square pan with foil and grease.
In a double boiler, melt butter and chocolate chips together.  Stir until very smooth and there are no lumps.  Set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, vanilla and red food coloring. 
Add flour, xanthan gum, and salt.
Stir in chocolate until just combined.  
If you want a deeper red color, add 1/2 t. more red food coloring.
(I just used 2 t.)
Pour into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.

In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.  Drop onto prepared brownie batter.  Swirl with a knife.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cheesecake is set and a toothpick comes out clean.  
Refrigerate overnight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment