CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting

Yes, it's a mouthful, but you will want a mouthful of this delicious frosting.
To me cake is something that you eat on birthdays, blah, blah....
But with this frosting I will be eating a lot, and I mean A LOT more cake. I found the recipe on Bakerella and it is sooooo good.

I made this cake for my daughter's 2nd birthday, which was on Easter. To get the decorating tips, look here. I used the Betty Crocker GF cake mixes, a chocolate and a yellow. It was so easy to put together and guests gobbled it right up. You can find the Betty Crocker mixes at your local grocery store.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting

1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
8oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
{now here is one of the secrets, soften at room temperature, no zapping in the microwave. I let them sit out for about 30 minutes.}
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
1-3 T. milk or cream {I used whole milk}

With your hand mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla.
Here is the next secret to great frosting-making: Add the powdered sugar in SMALL batches and blend on low until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl after each addition.
{Ingenious! I usually just dump the whole bag of sugar in and let 'er rip with the mixer! I have now changed my ways!}
Add the milk 1 T. at a time until you get the desired consistency.

If you want it creamier, get the frosting to your desired consistency and then beat on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute longer.

So good! It will turn you into a cake lover.

0 comments:

Post a Comment