CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fried Rice

I love fried rice.

I've been working on this recipe for a little bit, there are no exact measurements (I know, I hate these type of recipes too, but I promise it's good!) you just have to dump and stir to your liking.
This is also a great way to use up left over white or brown rice.

Fried Rice

Heat up a few teaspoons of canola oil in a pan. Add 1 1/2-2 cups cooked white or brown rice (or a mixture) when oil is hot. Cook for a few minutes. Sprinkle with GF soy sauce.

I like to add frozen mixed veggies (my fav. are the Fantastic Foursome from Trader Joes). You could also use any mixture of frozen corn, peas, or whatever you have in your freezer. (This is another great way to use odd-and-ends frozen veggies).

When the veggies are cooked, about 2-3 minutes, I create a small space in the middle of the pan and add 1 or 2 eggs (depends on how hungry we are and how many people this is going to feed) into the space. Sprinkle with a little salt and soy sauce. Scramble the egg and add into the rice.
I then sprinkle the whole mixture with a little salt to taste, the soy sauce is salty so sometimes this is unnecessary, pepper and a little sugar. The sugar is the secret ingredient.

Like mentioned before, this is all to your liking but that's how I like fried rice.
Serve with any of your favorite Chinese dishes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment