CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 8, 2010

The Award Winning Potato Salad

This is the BEST potato salad in the world.
I would describe it as the bomb-dot-com.
The crunchy celery, the soft potatoes with chewy skin, the wonderful flavor...mmmm
I dare you to find a better tasting potato salad.

I found this recipe on the back of the Best Foods Mayo jar, and have perfected it.

The Award Winning Potato Salad

1 cup Best Foods Mayo (must be Best Foods, no other brand, it just isn't as good)
2 T. vinegar (I like rice vinegar, it's mild and smooth)
1 1/2 t. salt
1 t. sugar
1/4 t. pepper
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 T. bacon bits
Mix all together in a large mixing bowl.

Now the next step, clean as many baking potatoes that will fit on a large dinner plate. Does that make sense? Depending on the size of the potatoes you will always have a different number.

Bake the potatoes in the microwave until tender. Cube the potatoes and add to the mayo mixture.
Now the secret: the potatoes must be HOT. The hot potatoes will act as a sponge and soak up all the flavor of the onion, pepper, and celery.

Stir all together and chill in the fridge. Must chill for at least 4 hours. Best if chilled over night.

Like I said, I dare you to find a better recipe...
and if (yes, if) you do, then send it to me.


1 comments:

pamilla

I remember when you made this once - it truly was the most amazing potato salad! Can't wait to give it a try...

Post a Comment