CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 11, 2010

Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus

I guess I'm jumping on the bandwagon.
I've heard that hummus is so delicious and everyone just loves hummus and how it's pretty good for you, and on and on.
At a friend's party there was some. And I'll admit I liked it. Then, for a recent Bunco night with the girls, I decided to make this hummus recipe.
I'm addicted.
I can't get enough. I'm glad the recipe makes a lot! I've eaten 4 celery stalks and almost a pound of baby carrots- by myself!
Make it for your next get together, it's bound to be a show-stopper!
{As a side note, the sun-dried tomatoes come in just the cutest little jar, it's definitely going to be reused in some form!}

Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus

2 cans (15 oz) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 jar (6.5 or 7oz) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, undrained
2/3 cup water
3 T. olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
Chopped fresh basil, optional
GF crackers, tortilla chips, and/or assorted fresh vegetables

In a food processor, combine the beans, tomatoes, water, oil, garlic, pepper flakes, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Place in a bowl; sprinkle with basil, if desired. Serve with crackers, chips, and/or veggies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment