CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Product Review: Hodgson Mill Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix

I found this cheap ($2.99) gluten free muffin/pancake mix at the grocery store and was really excited to try it.
"All natural and delicious", the box boasts, "good source of fiber", "made with real apples", sounds pretty good right...

Hodgson Mill Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix

I know I should like it.
I know that it's good for me, but sometimes the millet flour and flax seeds just have a flavor that I don't like.
It's not really the flavor though that would have me not buy this mix again.  My 3 year old and I made these "cupcakes" and the dehydrated apples stuck to the cupcake liners and turned out really dry and crumbly. 
Lets just say that these didn't go over well.

I think that if I did use this mix, I would use it to make pancakes instead of muffins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment