CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 2, 2011

Wassail Punch

I am so excited to be a guest on the Blog, thanks Erin for asking me, she is such a great sister.
I do not have any pictures but I am in the ones Erin posted yesterday ( I am the youngest girl)

One of my most memorable Christmas's was Christmas of 2003. Every Christmas my family gets up early and before we do anything else we go skiing. We ski for a few hours and when the crowds begin to gather we had back home to open presents and enjoy the rest of our Christmas.  This Christmas went a little differently, we got up went skiing like normal. On the second run of the day my dad fell, I took this opportunity to go and spray him with snow and maybe see if he was OK. As I got closer I noticed all the snow around him was red. What I did not know is his ski had come up and sliced the back of his head. I immediately began freaking our and yes my dad who was bleeding from his head had to calm me down. I yelled down to the rest of my family to go and get the ski patrol. Well they came and got my dad all loaded up on the sled and took him down to the medical room. They bandaged him all up and we load up and since he could not drive Erin had to drive, it was her first time driving down from skiing. She did a good job and we got down safely. My mom took my dad to the hospital where he got all stitched up. When they got home we carried on with Christmas and it was wonderful.

My Recipe is Wassail Punch which is one of my favorites to drink during the Holidays, It is so delicious and warms you right up!
The Wassail Punch 

2 quarts apple cider
2 cups orage juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
12 whole cloves
4 cinnamon sticks
1 pinch ground ginger
1 pinch ground nutmeg

In a slow-cooker or large pot over low heat, combine apple cider, orange juice and lemon juice.  Season with cloves, ginger and nutmeg.  Bring to a simmer.  If using a slow cooker, allow to simmer all day.  Serve hot.

Hope you enjoy, and Merry Christmas 

1 comments:

pam

your poor dad...and poor you! glad it turned out to be a great christmas after all. :) i've needed a good wassail recipe - thanks nancy!

Post a Comment