CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cheese Ball

Hi my name is Michelle and I'm so excited to be a guest on this awesome blog! I have only been GF for a short amount of time and I have found this Blog to be Heaven Sent!

One of my favorite things about Christmas time is all the Good Food! My family Christmas Eve Tradition, like many other families, is to have a dinner made of all appetizers. Last year I had just been diagnosed with Celiac Disease and was still learning how to cook. I was devastated thinking there was NO appetizers that could possible be GF. So when it came to me, missing out on our long family tradition, I was not having any part of it. I dug right in with all my family on any and everything you can think of.  As you can imagine that was almost the Death of me!! Ok I'm a little dramatic, but really it was B.A. D. So this year I am determined to have the same appetizer tradition but have it all GF.  I will alter some of the old things and have some new things to try.

One of the yummy things that will be on my table is a Cheese Ball with GF Pretzels or GF Crackers.

Here is what you will need.

8 oz of  Cream Cheese
1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Cup Butter, softened
3 or 4 Green Onions, Chopped
1 and 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Lowerys Seasoning Salt
Ham or Nuts chopped up to roll the Cheese Ball in at the end

Mix all ingredients together and form a ball. Roll in slice almonds or ham. Cover tightly with saran wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to serve. It can be served right away but it is a lot better if it sits for a few hours or over night. If you let sit over night roll in meat or nuts right before serving.

Sorry I dont have a picture but I hope you guys find it as yummy as I do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment