CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 5, 2011

Gluten Free Sour Cream Lemon Pie

The holidays just scream "pie" to me!


And speaking of holidays, our Christmas Traditions Series is taking off!
As of tomorrow we are booked with guest blogger until after Christmas!
This is seriously awesome. 

I would love to do an individual introduction for each of my posters, but there's no time and I don't want to take away from all the fun things they are going to post!
Just know that each poster is a sister, cousin, or friend who I love and who have had some influence in my life.  
Check out my facebook page for a more detailed intro to the blogger of the day.  

Back to the pie.
I love pie all the time, but it seems like more pie gets consumed now than any other time of the year.  
This lemon pie has a wonderful flavor that it's good during the heat of the summer and a good palate cleanser during the rich holiday seasons.  In fact we made this lemon pie for Thanksgiving and it was heavenly.  
For some reason, whenever I make this pie I think of my mom and sister Nancy.  (Yes the one who posted the great Wassail recipe a few days ago.) I think it's because it's their favorite.

You can make this pie with a Chex cereal crust or a pastry crust.  Both turn out delightful.

Gluten Free Sour Cream Lemon Pie

1 baked pie crust, Chex cereal crust or a pastry crust
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 T. cornstarch
1 T. lemon rind, finely grated
1/2 c. lemon juice
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped and sweetened with powdered sugar

Combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, juice, egg yolks and milk in a heavy saucepan, cook over medium heat until thick.  Stir in butter and cool mixture to room temperature.  Stir in sour cream and pour filling into pie shell.  Cover with whipped cream.  Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, better if overnight. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment