|That's me, 40 weeks pregnant and attempting to get down Gramma's recipe.|
|The pie-man and my mother.|
Okay, finally a recipe - Sour Cream Banana Bread. THE BEST banana bread in the ENTIRE WORLD. Yes, it's gf. No memories attached to it, other than I try really hard to make it a few times a month and it's always gone in a day.
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups (I like Bobs Red Mill but that's because I can always find a good deal:) ) All GF purpose flour
- 2 heaping tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 cup chocolate chips - best if they are the little one, or chop them up a bit, they tend to fall to the bottom.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease four 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Want another recipe just because I'm craving them right now. Take a pretzel - glutino are my favorite brand (and the link is the cheapest place I've found them) put a Rolo on top, then bake for a few minutes to soften the Rolo, then put a pecan on top. Yummo. I've seen them with M&M's instead of pecans too. Still, yum :) And really easy to pass out for Christmas goodies to your neighbors.