CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Real" Waffles

"Wow, Erin, these actually taste real", my husband tells me after taking a few bites of these delicious waffles.
I guess my food is fake? I don't know....
I make a berry sauce and whipped cream to go on top (healthy dinner, I know...it was a late night!)
So good, and honestly the best waffles, I've ever had.

"Real" Waffles

1 3/4 cup GF mix
1 rounded t. xanthan gum
1/2 t. salt
2 egg yolks
1 3/4 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup applesauce
2 egg whites

In a large bowl, combine the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, oil, and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.

In another small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. (About 5 minutes, seriously, 5 minutes, do not skip this step, I think it's the secret). Fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.

Berry Sauce:
2 cup berries
1/4 cup orange or apple juice
2 T. cornstarch
Combine and bring to a boil until thickened.

Whipped Cream:
Heavy Whipping Cream
A few T. powdered sugar to taste
Beat the heck out of it until stiff peaks form. (About as long as you beat the eggs, maybe even longer.)

Mmmm, I love waffles! All the little pockets to hold in the delicious toppings. It doesn't get better than that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment