CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gluten Free White Chicken Chili

Ahhh, the Halloween Hangover.
From sugar that is...

I know I'm experiencing one. 
And the only thing you can do about it is, of course, eat more Fun Size candy bars.
I swear they'll be the death of me.

How was your Halloween?
Mine was great.  
Great with a capital g.

We had some friends over for dinner and trick or treating.
My three year old was in Halloween Heaven, if there is such a place.

I was in heaven too.
I made my mom's delicious White Chicken Chili.
It's a favorite around here and I'm sure that it'll become one of yours too.
In fact there was no time to take a pic, it was gone too soon.
Now, the key to this delicious chili is the toppings.  The cheese, chips and salsa make the chili the best!  Trust me on this one, you don't want to try it with out all the good stuff on top.

Make it, enjoy it, and eat this along with a few Fun Size Snickers, it'll take the edge off your sugar high.

Gluten Free White Chicken Chili

2 1/2 cups water
1 t. cumin
2 chicken breasts

Bring water and cumin to a boil.  Add in chicken breasts.  Cover and simmer until chicken is done, about 20-25 minutes.
When chicken is done, save the broth and cut chicken into small chunks.
Add to the broth:
1 clove garlic, minced
2 (15 oz) cans Northern White Beans, undrained
2 cans white corn, drained 
(I usually only have frozen corn on hand so I put in about 1 1/2 cups)
2 (4oz) cans diced chilies
1 t. cumin
3 T. lime juice
Return diced chicken to pan with broth and other ingredients.  Simmer until warm.  Top with tortilla chips, salsa verde, and shredded Monterey Jack cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment