There are many things I love about stir fry's.
They are fast,
use up leftover veggies and rice,
and generally pretty healthy.
Here are a few tips about making tasty stir-frys that I have picked up along the way.
1. Instead of using oil to stir fry, I like to use Zesty Italian salad dressing.
It has oil in it and adds flavor to the stir fry.
It must, must, must be the regular Italian dressing, no fat free here. I have tried it and it's been a disaster. To make the dressing fat free, the makers of salad dressings, whoever they may be, they replace the oil with high fructose corn syrup, which doesn't fry well.
2. Pre cut your meat into cubes when you have extra time and store in the freezer until needed. Same with veggies.
3. Always cook the meat first and then remove from the pan. Next add the veggies. It will give the veggies a little more flavor. When veggies are done, add back in the meat, pour in the sauce and you are ready to serve.
4. I like to add in the rice into the skillet so the rice will be nice and warm and will be coated in the stir fry sauce.
5. Add nuts or fruit at the very end, or at the time of serving to add a crunch or some sweetness to the overall dish.
6. Most importantly, run hog wild with what ingredients you have! Experiment and enjoy!