CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2011

Product Review: Cherrybrook Kitchen Chocolate Cake Mix

I thought it might be fun to share with you some of the gluten free products that I like, and the ones not so much.  We all know gluten free mixes, packages, goodies are pricier than the gluten-full variety and I like to know that what I get will turn out great.

This last weekend I made cupcakes out of Cherrybrook Kitchen Chocolate Cake Mix.  The mix is not only gluten free, but certified organic and vegan.  So it's egg-free and dairy-free.  This would be very helpful if you are serving guests with multiple allergies/sensitivities.


It was easy to mix up, only needed water, oil and vanilla.  
My three year old helped me, and we had to try one as soon as the cupcakes were cooled and frosted.  
We used the Gluten Free Caramel Icing.
They were pretty good, a little dry and had that typical "gluten-free" or "healthy" taste.
Each day they proceeded to dry out and crumble.  

So in the end, if you do use the Cherrybrook Kitchen mix, make sure you bake and serve on the same day.  Not my favorite mix.

0 comments:

Post a Comment