CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Product Review: Bob's Red Mill Hearty Whole Grain Bread Mix

I found this mix on a grocery clearance for $.99,
yep that's right, less than a dollar...unheard of in Gluten Free packaging.

Bob's Red Mill Hearty Whole Grain Bread Mix


This bread was easy to mix up and the yeast packet was included.
The bread has lots of seeds in it, sunflower, sesame, caraway.
It actually turns out to look like real bread.
(sorry, the picture is really orange).

The bread is very stable, not crumbly, but not really moist.
The seeds give the bread a crunchy texture, and there is a slight earthy flavor.  
This is not a bread for a good old PB and J, more for a cheese and meat sandwich.
Be sure to store in the fridge, it will start growing mold within 3-4 days.

Personal preference, this was not my favorite bread.  I don't think that I will buy this mix again, 99 cents or not.  I'm not really into all the seeds and I didn't really like the flavor that the bread had.

0 comments:

Post a Comment