CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Berry Pie

We got together with some friends for dinner and we were in charge of dessert. I then found out the husband is allergic to all nuts and...chocolate! That would be death to me!
So what did we bring that was gluten, nut and chocolate free?
Berry Pie, of course!
Paul's 97 year old Grandma gave me this delicious recipe!

Berry Pie

1 baked pie shell
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup Cool Whip
1 pkg. Danish Dessert (either flavor, found in the pudding section of your store)
1 bag frozen berries (you can do mixed or all one type)

Mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in Cool Whip. Spread into the pie crust.
Bring 1 3/4 cup water and package of Danish Dessert. Boil for 1 minute. Add berries. Pour over cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Enjoy!

1 comments:

pamilla

Oh how I LOVE this pie! I'm so glad that you got this recipe from Grandma D. I've only made it with a graham cracker crust, so I can't wait to try the gf version with your crust recipe!

Post a Comment