CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 14, 2011

Alfredo Fettuccine

I know that I have posted other Alfredo sauce recipes, but hands down this is the best.
Paul said it tasted like we were dining at the Olive Garden...I guess I should have lit some candles, next time. It's super easy so I will have time to decorate next time!

I got this recipe from a neighborhood cookbook from my sister in law. This recipe is from a lady whose relative who said it came from the Olive Garden, so maybe that's why it was so good.

I made this recipe a little "healthier" if an Alfredo sauce can be. I'll note the changes I made in parenthesis.

Alfredo Fettuccine

1 pt. heavy cream (1 c. heavy cream, 1 c. half and half)
1 stick butter (just 1/2 a stick)
2 T. cream cheese (reduced fat)
3/4 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 T. garlic powder
Salt to taste

Combine the first three ingredients and simmer until melted. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 15-20 min. Serve over warm GF fettuccine noodles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment